We are committed to protect your personal and data privacy. To ensure you can make informed decisions and feel confident about supplying personally identifiable information relating to you when using our website, we provide this notice outlining our online information practices and the choices you have concerning how the data is being collected and used. Gulf Air understands that your privacy is important and will ensure as far as possible that personal information collected through this website is used only for the purposes set out in this Privacy statement.
We limit the collection and use of the data to the specific information we need to administer our business, provide you with the highest quality service, and offer various opportunities, which may be of interest to you. This Privacy statement explains in general terms Gulf Air's policies in relation to the handling of personal information that may be collected on this and related websites. By using our websites, you consent to the collection and use of this information by Gulf Air.
We request information in several areas of our website, when you: -
- Register as a user of our Online Booking service;
- Access the Gulf Air Falconflyer programme;
- Apply online for a career with Gulf Air;
- Submit enquiries and feedback forms;
- Participate in our special marketing programmes and contests;
- Access our website gulfair.com or other online sites operated by our contractors.
You have full control over any personal information we collect on you and what type of information (if any) you would like to receive from us. Please note, however, that some services offered on our website are not accessible unless personal information is supplied.
Generally, you can visit most parts of the Gulf Air website without telling us who you are or revealing any information about yourself.
We may use the data you provided for one or more of the following purposes:
- To confirm your travel arrangements;
- To contact you regarding your enquiries;
- For our own marketing purposes, such as sending you updates on our latest offers and promotions.
- To provide you with a range of personalised services. The type of personal information we collect about you depends on how you use the website; and
- Records of any emails or other correspondence that you send via the website.
- For identification and verification purposes.
- For our own reference and record.
- For use in the operation and marketing of any other Business Partners of Gulf Air (that is, any company, person or entity having an agreement or understanding with Gulf Air in respect of the cross-selling or cross-promotion of goods and/or services); In this respect, the Partner will be bound by the privacy Terms & Conditions.
Your data may be used for the following purposes: accounting, billing and audit, credit or other payment card verification, immigration and customs control, security, administrative and legal purposes, operation of the Gulf Air Falconflyer programme, to present offers from Gulf Air Holidays, to contact you in response to applications for a career with Gulf Air and to operate the Gulf Air Cargo systems, systems testing, maintenance and development, customer relations and to help us in any future dealings with you, for example by identifying your requirements and preferences. For these purposes we may disclose your data to any of the following: airlines and other companies involved in providing your travel or related services and facilities, data processing companies working on our behalf, travel agents, government and enforcement agencies and credit and charge card companies. However, Gulf Air is not liable for any third party's action in this regard.
You will occasionally receive emails about fare sales, special offers, new services and other noteworthy news items. We hope you will find these updates interesting and informative.
Other than the above, we will not disclose your personal information without your consent unless disclosure is either necessary to prevent a threat to life or health, authorised or required by law, reasonably necessary to enforce the law or necessary to investigate a suspected unlawful activity.
Whenever we ask you for information about yourself you may, by ticking the relevant box, opt in to receive these marketing communications from us and we will not disclose your information to any third party for marketing after you opt in. In addition, whenever you are contacted by email you will be told how to opt in to enable you to be updated by email in the future.
Please note that we will only send email promotions or announcements to you if you have previously given your permission for us to do so.
Gulf Air will take appropriate steps to protect the personal information you share with us. We have implemented technology and security features to safeguard the privacy of your personal information. A secure server protects your personal information.
How we secure your payment information when you book online
- When you buy a Gulf Air ticket over the World Wide Web your web browser connects with the web site through SSL ("Secure Sockets Layer"). SSL is an industry-standard protocol for encryption over the Internet.
- When information is encrypted, it is scrambled between your computer and our server. The information is only unscrambled when it safely reaches our end. It's fast and safe, and it ensures that your personal information cannot be read by anyone else. As with any standard email, emails containing your personal data sent to or from Gulf Air will travel in a non-encrypted format.
Accessing schedules, fares and making a booking.
- When checking schedules and fares, no personal information is being exchanged, and so encryption is not used.
Once you have made a reservation.
- As you make a reservation we need to capture your personal details to go into the booking. At this point the information is encrypted. You can tell this is happening as browsers will display a key or padlock at the bottom left corner.
In addition, if you become aware of any security breach, please let us know as soon as possible.
Please do not share any of your personal information, such as passwords or personal identification numbers, with anyone. If necessary, please log out of our website when you have finished using it. Your assistance will help us protect the privacy of your personal information.
Gulf Air cannot be held responsible for lapses in security caused by third-party accesses to information as a result of your failure to keep your personal information private.
A cookie is a small string of information that a website transfers to your browser for identification purposes. The cookies we pass to you are anonymous and do not hold information on you or reveal your personal identity.
However, if you nevertheless prefer not to receive cookies, you can configure your Internet browser to reject them. Rejecting cookies can however limit the functionality of our website and our online services to you.
You can at any time choose to change your personal details, and we request that you keep your information as current as possible so that we may continue to improve our service to you.
If your personal information changes, or if you no longer wish to utilise the services we provide on this website, please click on one of the links below, where your data is captured, to update the details:
We may transfer to people in foreign countries any of your personal information to fulfil the purposes set out in this Privacy statement. For example:
- to Gulf Air offices overseas;
- to data processors (including operators of global travel distribution systems); and
- airlines, hotels and other travel and freight service providers.
In most cases the transfer will be necessary for the performance of our contract with you or for the implementation of pre-contractual measures taken in response to a request by you or for the performance of a contract with a third party which is concluded in your interests. Please let us know if you have any objections to such transfers.
Because we are constantly improving our site there may be developments in how we use your data - all changes to this policy will be notified to you on this website, so please visit this website periodically to ensure that you have our most current Privacy statement.