Flying to USA

If you are flying to the USA, please take note of the following security requirements:

Secure Flight Passenger Data (SFPD)

Effective from the 1st of November 2010, as part of its Secure Flight Program, the American Transporation Security Administration (TSA) requires all passengers travelling to the USA to include Secure Flight Passenger Data (SFPD) in their reservation records at least 72 hours prior to departure. You will not be able to travel without this information.You will not be able to travel without this information.
Gulf Air mandatorily enforces the requirement directly at the time of issuing tickets to the USA, which means that you need to have your passport information at hand at the time of purchase.
The information we will need to issue your ticket include: 

  • Name and Surname (As they appear on passport)
  • Nationality
  • Date of Birth
  • Gender
  • Country of issue of your passport
  • Expiry date of your passport

The above applies regardless where you are booking your ticket, directly on, at one of Gulf Air offices, on the phone with our World Wide Contact Centre or at a travel agent.

USA-bound VISA Waiver Program

Since the 8th of September 2010, passengers traveling to the USA under the Visa Waiver Programme have to pay $14 to obtain additional online authorization from the Electronic System for Travel Authorization (ESTA).
ESTA is a new compulsory authorization process for all visitors using the Visa Waiver Programme (VWP) - the scheme that enables citizens of 36 countries to enter the US without a full travel visa.  

Authorization to travel is obtained by completing an online form. The application process for ESTA may take up to 15-20 minutes. Authorization is normally granted immediately, but could take up to 72 hours. We recommend that passengers apply for ESTA at least 72 hours before departure.
An approval from ESTA is valid for two years and can be used for repeated visits, unless any answers to the YES/NO questions on the form change or your passport expires.

Green card and visa holders

If you have a Permanent Resident Card (Green Card), or are travelling on a visa, you will not need to apply for authorization as you are not entitled to travel under the Visa Waiver Programme.

Chat with Saqer!