Travelling with excess baggage? Prepay and enjoy lower rates!
Pay for your excess baggage before going to the airport and save up to 20% off the available rates at the airport.
Prepaid excess baggage can be added to your booking up to 24 hours prior to departure. To purchase your prepaid excess baggage, visit gulfair.com booking engine, go to Manage My Booking, call our Worldwide Contact Centre or visit your nearest Gulf Air office.
Prepaid Excess Baggage rates:
|From/To||Zone 1||Zone 2||Zone 3|
|Zone 1||$ 10||$ 12||$ 28|
|Zone 2||$ 12||X||$ 32|
|Zone 3||$ 28||$ 32||$ 40|
Zone 1: GCC and the Middle East
Bahrain, Abu Dhabi, Baghdad, Dammam, Dubai, Jeddah, Kuwait, Gassim, Medina, Muscat, Najaf, Riyadh, Amman, Beirut, Cairo, Alexandria, Sharm Elsheikh and Khartoum.
Zone 2: Indian Sub-Continent and Pakistan
Dhaka, Colombo, Mumbai, Delhi, Chennai, Kochi, Trivandrum, Calicut, Bangalore, Karachi, Islamabad, Lahore, Peshawar, Sialkot, Faisalabad and Multan.
Zone 3: The Far East and Europe
Casablanca, Frankfurt, Paris, London, Larnaca, Istanbul, Athens, Tbilisi, Baku, Moscow, Bangkok and Manila.
General Terms and Conditions:
- Available on Gulf Air operated flights only
- Can be purchased from gulfair.com booking engine, Manage My Booking, Gulf Air local offices or Worldwide Contact Centre
- Prepaid excess baggage rates will not be available at the airport; standard excess baggage rates will apply
- Checked-in baggage exceeding ticket class baggage allowance and prepaid excess baggage will be charged at standard airport rates
- All fees given in US Dollars will be collected in equivalent local currencies
- Changes to the purchased baggage allowance can be done up to 24 hours prior the departure time
- The passenger may change the flight voluntarily and utilise the prepaid excess baggage for other flights or other sectors
- The purchased excess baggage cannot be transferred to another passenger
- The purchased Prepaid Excess Baggage will be valid for one year from the purchase date
- No refund if a change results in residual amount after purchasing the excess baggage. For example, a passenger originally purchased 10 KGs for Zone 1 to Zone 3 then changed it to 10 KGs for Zone 1 to Zone 2
Please note the circumstances under which we will not be able to refund:
- Voluntary (where Gulf Air is not the cause for such cancellations) cancellation of the booking
- Voluntary cancellation of the prepaid baggage allowance
- If a change results in a residual amount after purchasing the excess baggage, for example (Purchased 5 kg but actual 4 Kg) the residual amount remains non-refundable
A refund would be provided:
- In all the involuntary situations (where Gulf Air is the cause for such cancellations), where the customer was unable to travel.