Connecting at Bahrain International Airport
If you are connecting in Bahrain from one Gulf Air flight to another, you may be entitled to hotel accommodation for your short stay in Bahrain.
Terms of hotel accommodation
- Outbound and inbound flights to Bahrain must be booked on a Gulf Air flight number (including Gulf Air Codeshare flights) and operated by Gulf Air
- Only applicable to a through fare ( i.e. not two separate tickets)
- Customers under the age of 16 years who are entitled to an STPC must be accompanied by either a parent or guardian
- Hotel accommodation will be provided and charged per direction to customers with connecting flights departing in more than 7 hours from their arrival in Bahrain
- Connecting flights will be based on the first available immediate connection out of Bahrain. If there is a connecting flight within 7 hours, the STPC entitlement will not be applicable. Passengers choosing a longer connection will have to purchase a stopover product
- Passengers with a purchased ticket value of US400 or more (one-way and/or return ticket), will be entitled to a complimentary STPC
- Passengers with a purchased ticket value of less than US400 (one-way and/or return) can book their STPC for USD75 per Adult (Economy), USD150 per Adult (Falcon Gold), US40 per child (between the ages of 2-12 years old) before departing their originating destination,
- US95 per Adult (Economy) and US180 per Adult (Falcon Gold) for purchases at Bahrain International Airport during transit.
- Falcon Gold passengers and Falconflyer Black cardholders will be entitled to a complimentary STPC
- Infants under the age of two years old will not be charged for STPC
Passengers may call our World Wide Contact Centre to book their STPC entitlement up to 24 hours before departure. Passenger departing within 24 hours can visit Gulf Air’s customer service desk located in Bahrain International Airport.
Passengers traveling between the Indian sub-continent and the Gulf Countries will receive two (2) meal vouchers during their transit. Alternatively, an STPC can be purchased at a rate of USD 75 before departure or at USD 150 during transit in Bahrain.
Q: What if my connecting flight is cancelled and/or delayed beyond 7 hrs?
A: All Gulf Air passengers, irrespective of their ticket value or booked cabin, will be entitled to a complimentary STPC
Q: What if Bahrain Immigration refuses my entry into Bahrain even though I am entitled to/purchased an STPC?
A: Falcon Gold passengers will be provided access to the Gulf Air Falcon Lounge at Bahrain International Airport. All other passengers will be provided with a meal voucher only. Passengers who have paid for their STPC, will be provided with a full refund.