- Gulf Air will provide assistance for elderly passengers who might need special attention during boarding, on arrival, or inflight.
- Wheelchairs can be arranged for elderly passengers who have difficulty negotiating long distances at airport terminals. These should be reserved at the time of booking.
- Special meals can be ordered in advance to cater to dietary requirements, such as low fat, low cholesterol, diabetic, etc. These can be requested at the time of booking or at least 24 hours before departure.
- Depending on a passenger's ability to walk, a request can be made for seating near the lavatories onboard.
- Remember that long distance travel through different time zones and climate can exhaust elderly travellers, and take this in to consideration when making travel plans.
- When making a reservation for travel, please give ticketing staff as much information as possible about the elderly traveller, in order that we can make arrangements for assistance where needed, particularly if they are travelling alone or for the first time.
Passengers requiring an extra seat:
In certain circumstances, a passenger may request, and pay for, an extra seat for his/her personal comfort or to carry cabin baggage. In the case of an over-sized passenger, they must either pay for an additional seat in Economy Class, or travel in the Falcon Gold cabin where seats are more roomy.
Note: For more information, please contact your nearest Gulf Air Office