Our unique aid for that perfect journey
To help families travelling with children - and those passengers who aren't - Gulf Air offers a free service dedicated to young travellers, the Sky Nanny.
Our dedicated childcare service for children has been extended to the Bahrain lounge, and the Sky Nanny is available from 1830 to 0200 each day to provide a wide range of on-the-ground services to complement the much heralded on board service.
Working on board all wide-bodied aircraft flying long haul routes, Sky Nannies offer help with boarding and disembarkation, give parents that much needed break during a long flight and generally provide a watchful eye on the little ones.
Every Gulf Air Sky Nanny is specially trained for inflight childcare services so parents can be assured that children will receive the best care and attention every step of the way.
Help from the moment you board your flight
The job of a Sky Nanny isn't confined to just helping onboard. From the moment you arrive at the departure gate, a Sky Nanny will be on hand to escort you to your seat.
Onboard, she will then outline her role to you, suggest appropriate dining times for children and check any special dietary requirements you may have arranged beforehand. (These need to be notified at least 24 hours prior to departure.)
Making travel a pleasure
It is after take-off where the Sky Nanny really comes into her own, as your children are the centre of her attention. Arranging convenient dining times for the children to leave you free to enjoy your own meals or setting up the bassinet if you're travelling with a baby. Passengers travelling with infants up to the age of 7 months and weighing less than 10 kilos may use the baby bassinet facility onboard.
Sky Nannies can organise drinks for children and do their meal service during the main bar service so you're free to assist your children if necessary - without interrupting your own meal. They'll also find lots of things to keep your children occupied throughout the journey.
And of course it's very reassuring to know a Sky Nanny will be keeping a watchful eye on your child should you doze off or just want to get engrossed in a book or a movie.
Special entertainment for little ones
With Sky Nannies on board, every child will enjoy that special bit of attention - whether it's a snack during the movie or help with a tricky bit of colouring. And, on our inflight entertainment system, we've Disney specials and kid's movies (only on A330).
Sky Nanny - with you all the way
Our Sky Nanny is there to make sure your journey with Gulf Air goes smoothly from start to finish. Even down to practical advice like advising children on landing procedures and how to clear their ears to avoid pressure pain.
Every aspect of the Sky Nanny service has been designed to make sure everyone enjoys their journey, no matter what their age. And to make sure that everyone feels very much at home when they fly Gulf Air.
Sky Nanny’s hints when travelling with children
- Babies up to the age of 7 months, weighing no more than 10 kgs and not more than 26” in length can travel using the onboard bassinets (carry-cots). Please request a bassinet when you book your ticket to ensure availability and to obtain advance confirmation.
- Remember to pre-reserve a bassinet on all flights during your journey, not just the first sector.
- Special children’s meals are available at no extra charge. These should be requested when booking a child’s ticket or at least 24 hours before departure.
- Gulf Air carries nappies and other baby supplies on board. Please ask our Sky Nanny if there’s anything you may have forgotten to pack for your baby. Gulf Air offers baby food, nappies, baby powder & cotton bud packs on all flights
- As part of our service, Gulf Air provides picture books, activity books, colouring books and pencils to all children on board.
- Push-chairs cannot be accepted onboard but are allowed as far as the gate, and must be checked in as baggage. Certain destinations will allow pushchairs to be made available during disembarkation upon advice by the Sky Nanny through CSM & Captain’s telex while Gulf Air offers its own pushchair only upon arrival in Bahrain.