For the wellbeing and safety of our young travellers, unaccompanied minors will not be able to board Gulf Air flights due to travel restrictions at several airports
Unaccompanied children between the ages of 5 and 11 years old can travel alone without an escort on any Gulf Air operated flight.
- Children between 5 and 11 years old, travelling alone on a Gulf Air flight must be booked in advance as an “Unaccompanied Minor - UM”.
- Children should be accompanied to the airline check-in desk at the airport of departure with all necessary travel documents.
- Please ensure the child is met in the arrival hall of any transfer point, or at the final destination.
- Gulf Air is solely responsible for Unaccompanied Minors for the duration of the journey and delivering the child to the airport of final destination.
- If the Unaccompanied Minor is ill or mentally/physically impaired, please notify staff at Gulf Air of his or her condition during booking in order that suitable arrangements may be made for special care.
- Unaccompanied Minors are accepted for Gulf Air flights on the basis they have purchased a full adult normal fare ticket (excluding industry discounts, promotional fares and special offers).
- Once the booking has been completed, please send it to email@example.com or contact our Worldwide Contact Centre at least 48 hours prior to departure for confirmation of the Unaccompanied Minor - UM service.
- Gulf Air requires you to complete an Unaccompanied Minors Declaration form for each child travelling alone. This form must be handed over to Airport Staff along with your child at the time of check-in. It can be obtained at any Gulf Air Sales Office or can be downloaded and printed off yourself. Please note that four (4) copies of the form should be completed.
Laws in Italy have changed which affect Italian national children up to 14 years of age when travelling alone.
- All Italian national children travelling alone up to 14 years of age must hold a completed Dichiarazione Di Affido, which can be obtained from all local police offices (this is not available at airport police offices).
- These forms must be carried with your child's passport at all times.
- Your child may be denied travel if these forms are not completed.
- If this affects you and you live outside Italy, the authorisation can be issued by the Italian Embassy or consulate.
N.B. Different rules apply for children traveling on other airlines. For flights involving a transit stop and/or a different operating airline than Gulf Air, please consult a Gulf Air office or your travel agent.
A pre-arranged Flight Attendant escort may be requested at their guardian's cost, for children travelling on a Gulf Air flight.
Under certain circumstances children may travel alone onboard American Airlines flights. Children aged 8 through 14 years of age will be accepted for transporatation on nonstop or connecting flights. Reservations must be confirmed to the destination.
The child must be accompanied by a parent or responsible adult until the child has boarded the flight and the aircraft has departed the gate. The child must be met at the destination by another parent or responsible adult. A service charge will be assessed for unaccompanied children on all flights.
Please note that we no longer accept children travelling alone on flights connecting from/or to other airlines.
To make a reservation for a child traveling alone, please contact our reservations team. You can find the contact information for us in the customer service section.
Please visit www.aa.com for more updated information.