H.E. Shaikh Khalid is the Deputy Prime Minister of the Kingdom of Bahrain. Prior to that he was the Minister of HRH the Prime Minister’s Court. He began his career as a Roads Engineer in the Directorate of Works in 1966. He rose in the organization to become the Director of Public Works Directorate in 1971. From 1975 to 1995, he took the role of Minister of Housing. He was Chairman of the Housing Bank from 1979 to 2002, and Chairman of the Central Municipal Council between 1987 and 1995. From 2001 to 2002, Shaikh Khalid was appointed Minister of Housing and Agriculture. Before that, he was the Minister of Housing, Municipalities & Environment.
In addition to his role as Chairman of Mumtalakat, Shaikh Khalid is the Chairman of the following organizations:
- Hawar Islands Development Committee
- Ministerial Committee for Services and Infrastructure
- Civil Service Bureau
- Committee for Studying, Building Materials Supply
- Committee for Organizing Tourism in the Kingdom of Bahrain
He is also a member of the Board of Directors at:
- Ministerial Committee for Finance and Economy
- Bahrain Economic Development Board
- Committee for Revising the Strategic Diagrammatic National Masterplan for the Kingdom of Bahrain
- Shaikh Isa Award for Service to Humanity
- Supreme Committee for Information Technology and Communications
He holds a Bachelors Degree in Civil Engineering from the College of Engineering at Cairo University.
Back to Board of Directors